Tuesday, July 18, 2006

dog days

Life is slowly returning to normal in the Rossi household. Normal being used in the most loose and relative sense of the word.  We have slugged our way through hospitalizations, surgeries, and recoveries. We've weathered the illness of one pet (Doobie was paralyzed!).   In the end, we survived it all with barely a scratch (well, a few, tiny, incisions).  I want to say I'm not superstitious - but I've been knocking on wood for days.

I'm getting back on track with my projects.  I'm recording. I'm writing.  I'm feeling creative again.  Wahoo to that.  The eight PodCast should, for all intents and purposes, show up sometime next week.

A heat wave has rolled into Virginia this week.  The weather is *almost* hotter than my wife.  I actually set up one of those reflective contraptions to keep my car from melting today.  I don't know that I've ever used one before.  I found it in the trunk (of all places)   I decided to give it a shot, after burning myself on the seatbelt yesterday.

I, for one, don't mind the dog days.  I can't wait to go running this afternoon.  I'll just avoid the shiny objects with heat waves rising off'm.

Happy day.

No comments: