Saturday, October 29, 2005

everybody's workin' for the weekend

Happy Saturday, devoted reader(s). This post will be a short and sweet. Yesterday ended on a high, but totally exhausted note. The daily goal was achieved (at the cost of my sanity) and, I'll tell ya, I felt that I really needed and deserved a break. To be honest, I still do feel that way. That did not stop me from getting up at 8:00 am this morning to squeeze in a couple hours worth of writing. I've entered a portion of the novel where some of the research I've done will come into play. I hope that does slow my pace *too* much. I'm comfortable enough with the material to be able to weave it in fairly easily. That's not to say that I'm going to rush it. I *will* hit my goal this weekend, but I'll spend as much time as I can making sure that I'm not just "speed" writing. Granted this writing time will be squeeze in at bizarre hours, as I've got to be a member of the hallowed land of the living this weekend. I won't be writing to just get the words in, though. It would be a shame to have made all this progress only to write 8,000 words of utter shite. Not to mention, I'm actually really excited about this part of the book. This is one of the sections I have been most looking forward to writing.

I attempt to tackle the dialect monkey in this section as well. Dialect from the hip, I like to call it. On that note, it is time to go the gym. Gotta get the blood moving again.

Current word count: 42, 131

No comments: