Tuesday, October 25, 2005

10,000 (and one)

Every word counts.

I hit 10,000 (and one) words as of 7:30 this morning. I wrote for a couple of hours last night after recording some scratch tracks for the Phil Rossi and the Bad Habit EP de Force. Sticking true to my intentions, I got up at 6:00 am and wrote before I left the house to go to work. Things with the book are flowing pretty nicely - for the most part. Last night was a bit painful. I didn't get started until 10:00 or so. I was still wiped out from the CD release show on Saturday, not to mention beat after a long (mon)day of work. Sometimes, you just gotta force yourself into it, even if it seems the muse does not want to come and play.

She showed up halfway through a diet coke and made me work. She woke me up early, too. When she wants some, she wants some. Far be it from me to deny her.

I've decided that 10,000 words a week is a pretty good goal. Obviously, I'll strive for more than that, but I think it is a good minimum.

No comments: